There are some rules pertaining to the event:
- A miniature board is ok (although we prefer to see full sized boards wherever possible). However, it can’t be one of those tiny boards. It needs to be at least 1 metre long, 30 centimeters at the widest point and have legs.
- No plastic toys irons, they must be real irons. Travel irons are fine.
- Any garment is suitable, but it must be at least the size of a tea towel. It’s hardly impressive to iron a handkerchief!
- There must be visual proof of ironing (a photo or video clip) and it should be at a recognisable and verifiable landmark. For example, there’s enough pictures of the top of Everest to verify that one. And, it sounds stupid, but you MUST be outdoors – no indoor ironing counts.
- One Iron/Board/Item to be ironed per person
On the day…
- Registration will be at NDAC from 0730hrs – 0900hrs on the day of the event. Each person much have there photo taken and be allocated a number (this is very important).
- Divers will be put into groupd (dependant on their ability) such as 10m divers, 20m divers, and so on.
- There will be a Judges walk around in the car park at 1030hrs to award prizes for the best dresssed iron and board of the day (prizes TBC)
- All divers will then have the chance to get into the water and set up there boards and irons. They will then all at a given time desend on mass underwater for a period of 10 minutes (deeper divers will dive down before).
- At a given time (this will be confirmed on the day) ALL divers desend together and at a determined time they Iron a garment of some kind (Tea Cloth, Shirt, etc) but must iron all at once.
- While they iron a photo or and video of each person must be taken to evidence the time and date of the diver this is also to include the diver holding his or her number either on the board or in person.
- After the 10 minute period divers are FREE to asend of stay down diving all images and evidence will be collated and recorded by our judge on the day.
- We will then know if a GWR has been set we need to beat 86 to be in with a shout. We will then send all info to GWR and apply for the new GWR..